Saturday, April 17, 2010

Bee the change


A gym-rat friend gave me a card that says "Bee the change you want to see in the world".
I know she meant well and she's scary perky sweet (if you know the type, 0% body fat, perfect teeth, flawless skin....) but I was consumed with jealousy.....I admit it, here with the protection of anonymity. I was jealous that she thought she was better than me.

I indulged the ugly side of myself. And I immediately felt bad. Here she was, reaching out and being supportive, and I was suspicious. For no good reason.....

So I learned a lesson, and I truly feel like God put that in my heart.
I will no longer indulge the catty, bitchy, suspicious side that defeats me.
I will not. I will let it go. I will trust. I will believe.
I believe in myself. I believe my health is worth this effort.
I will trust myself, to make good choices in life (and in food).
I WILL.....be the change I want to see.

(ok, sap alert over...back to your regular programming.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment